Snort mailing list archives

Any way to change permissions of the unified output files?

From: Rob Baxter <rbaxter () xapiens net>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 19:33:13 -0400

The output files generated by the unified output plugin (ie the alert and log files) always seem to be created with only rw permissions for the root user. I need to collect the log files from a Solaris machine which does not allow remote root logins. Is there any way to get snort to set a different acl on the output files? I've tried using the -u option to run snort as a different user but the files still get created as root. I can whip up a cron job to periodically chown the files but I'd prefer something less hackey.

</rob>