Snort mailing list archives

Re: Re: Snort users meeting in Chicago

From: Stef <stefmit () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 14:30:18 -0500

On 5/11/05, Nigel Houghton <nigel () sourcefire com> wrote:
I have recently noticed an email from Sourcefire (?!?), regarding a
meeting of Snort users in Chicago. I have emailed
snort_groups@so..., to ask for details, and confirmation, but
I have received absolutely no reply, even though the original had
stated "RSVP - limited space", or something like that. Anybody else
having any idea if this was serious, or was it just a Sourcefire
publicity stunt?!?

No publicity stunt, I am going to Chicago to speak to the users group
and anyone else who cares to attend. I will be talking about Snort rules
and answering questions. I'm told there is also a reception with
libations afterwards. I hope to see as many of you as can attend.

                   Vulnerability Research Team

The ruptured capillaries in your nose bely the clarity of your wisdom.

Good to hear it's true. The only problem - now - seems to have been
raised by the other thread of emails, where the organizers had been
debating a possible reschedule (?!?). Please keep us all posted; I -
as one - am very interested :)

Stef