Snort mailing list archives

RE: Snort on XP SP2 W/ MSSQL

From: "Michael Steele" <michaels () winsnort com>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 15:04:00 -0700

He is using MSSQL.

Kindest regards,

Michael...

WINSNORT.com Management Team Member
--
mailto:support () winsnort com
Website: http://www.winsnort.com

From: snort-users-admin () lists sourceforge net
[mailto:snort-users-admin () lists sourceforge net] On Behalf Of Briggs, Bruce
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2005 12:15 PM
To: James Bruce; Snort-users () lists sourceforge net
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] Snort on XP SP2 W/ MSSQL

Could be related to the MySQL Use old passwords issue.

The easiest way to deal with this is to download MySQL Administrator and run
it.
Select Startup Variables -> Security tab -> Use old passwords

The update the Snort password again.
Hopefully that should do it.

Bruce