Snort mailing list archives

RE: Setting snort in a network

From: "Briggs, Bruce" <Bruce.Briggs () suny edu>
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 11:29:39 -0400

I choose to have my Snort just behind my firewall so that it can see all
incoming & outgoing traffic.
My firewall has 2 inside interfaces, so I have 1 Snort process running
for each, 3 NICs total on my Snort box.
I use port mirroring on switches connected to each firewall inside
interface to get the packets to Snort.

Bruce

  _____