Snort mailing list archives

RHEL 4 / CentOS 4 papers released

From: "Patrick Harper" <patrick () internetsecurityguru com>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 11:53:54 -0500

I have two papers released on my site for snort 2.3.3 on CentOS / RHEL 4 /
Core3 (CentOS is built and maintained from RHEL SRPM's so therefore has the
same upgrade window, 2 years until an upgrade and either 2 or 3 years more
of updates.  It also looks just like Core 3 except they finally upgraded
Mysql to 4.X) so it is a good choice for a platform that is not going to rev
up all the time like Fedora (I am going to keep my fedora docs up too
because I support the project and like playing with the new stuff) Just
thought I would let anyone interested know about these.  As always if you
find a typo please let me know.  Also, one paper follows the basic design I
have done for several years now, the other is a more (and soon to be very)
striped down version and will become an enterprise deployment guide for
having multiple sensors report to a main DB.

Patrick S. Harper | CISSP RHCT MCSE
www.internetsecurityguru.com

In a world of compromise, some don't.