Snort mailing list archives

Re: My BASE did not have any alerts

From: Kevin Johnson <kjohnson () secureideas net>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 09:08:50 -0400

On Fri, 2005-04-15 at 03:32, mr leokenzie wrote:
What have I done wrong?
I did a scan with nessus but when i go to my BASE website it did not display
anything.
Why is that?
I make it focus on port 80 and target it at my own ip address. Please kindly
Help.
Thanks

Hi-

Before looking into BASE, we need to verify that Snort is logging alerts
and that it is logging them to the DB that BASE is pulling from.

Could you verify that Snort's output is configured to log to a DB?  And
if so are there any records in the DB?

Also, when you go to the front page of BASE, how many sensors are
listed?

Kevin
BASE Project Lead
http://base.secureideas.net