Snort mailing list archives

RE: Rules Question

From: "Jeff Dell" <jdell () activeworx com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 15:52:41 -0500

These rules will not stop the preprocessors, what you want to do is add
options in the portscan preprocessor to ignore from certain hosts. To remove
certain hosts all together without worrying about any of these pass rules,
just add a (Berkeley packet filter)bpf to the end of the command to start
Snort.

Example:
Snort -d -A fast -c snort.conf not (src host 192.168.1.5 and dst port 80)

Jeff