Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort Daemon More Help Needed

From: Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez <jkerouac () bgsec com>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 22:58:17 +0100

El vie, 25-02-2005 a las 16:00 -0500, Jiju Menon escribió:
2/24

Hello,

Thanks to Mr. Maria Lopez Hernandez for responding especially for
clearly pointing the change to me. I am not well versed in scripts.

I did as was advised. When I try to start the service it fails. Is
there anything more that I should do to get the script running on all
three interfaces?

Thank you.

You have to send to the list the error that snort gives to you.
If there's an error shown when the script runs and also you
can do a "tail -f /var/log/messages" and then run the script
to see what snort says when it tries to start.

If you post that information we maybe can help you further.

Regards.

--

Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez
Director Tecnico de bgSEC