Snort mailing list archives

Re: How do I start with SNORT in Linux and Windows

From: Anthony J Placilla <anthony_placilla () suth com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 09:03:11 -0500

On Thu, 2005-02-24 at 04:41 +0000, mr leokenzie wrote:
I am very new to SNORT. Im just wondering how am I going to find SNORT to
download. How to set it up. Is there any GUI that can manipulate SNORT?
Could anyone give me a step by step guide on how I can actually run SNORT?

You can always dowload the latest version from www.snort.org. There's
good documentation there also.

There's also an excellent HOWTO for snort, base & myqsl on Fedora Core 3
at
http://drider.sourceforge.net/docs/snort/snort_install_guide_FC3_2.txt

--
Tony Placilla, RHCT
anthony_placilla () suth com

J.O.A.T.

GPG-Key-ID: 1024D/C78F8B64              http://pgp.mit.edu
Key fingerprint = A8D5 7AFF CE88 4179 C792  D9A9 F197 2A15 C78F 8B64