Snort mailing list archives

Re: BASE performance

From: Michael Stone <mstone+snort () mathom us>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 19:05:08 -0500

On Mon, Feb 21, 2005 at 11:55:28AM -0700, Willy, Andrew wrote:
We're using BASE / Apache / Snort / MySQL on Win 2k, just recently
installed.  Many lookups using this front end are very slow, sometimes
taking 30-50 seconds to load. Our database is new and not very large.
Processor (1ghz) utilization is between %0 and %3.  The inital home pages
loads quickly, it's only lookups that crawl.

On the front page, how many total alerts does it report? For databases
processor is largely irrelevant--how much RAM do you have? Have you done
any mysql tuning?
Mike Stone