Snort mailing list archives

Re: RE: [Snort-users] SFS 1.0.2 released

From: Wes Young <wcyoung () buffalo edu>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 09:03:30 -0500

Yea, i've been using it for a bit now... still in the testing phase...
The guys that runs SnortCenter2 (sourceforge) now introduced it to me..
he uses it as well. The two mixed together should give you a very good
solution (so you dont have to buy the sensor licenses for managment).
Plus, they are getting ready to introduce a new version of openaanval
soon, I looked at the teaser... looks great, very promising....

Ron Jenkins wrote:
| Has anyone used OpenAanval (www.aanval.com)?
|
| This is by far the best console for Snort that has been release yet.
| The new BASE and older ACID consoles are still very poor consoles and
| lack many feature sets that are available within OpenAanval.
|
| Thanks...

- --
Wes Young
Network Security Analyst