Snort mailing list archives

RE: no packets logged on wireless NIC using WinPcap 3.0, winsnort

From: "Adam Kliarsky" <360air () comcast net>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 23:00:41 -0800

Actually your issue would appear to be the RFMON mode, not your winpcap -
you say that snort/windump works but not with the wireless nic? RMON would
be the component that puts the wireless nic into receive mode, so if this
isn't enabled, then that could be the problem (not winpcap, per my previous
msg).

Adam

  _____