Snort mailing list archives

Re: SNORT file data.MYD too large

From: Edin Dizdarevic <edin.dizdarevic () interActive-Systems de>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 15:40:24 +0100

Hi,

Once the tablespace has become so big, MySQL AFAIK will never shrink it
- even if you delete some data inside. This is common to almost all
databases and a remedy should be considered before creating databases.
The best (only?) method is to delete old alerts and alert you do not
need anymore respectively, dump the rest with mysqldump, delete the big
database files, create a new instance and then reimport the data. For a
more detailed answer look on the Internet or at
www.mysql.com...

Regards,
Edin