Snort mailing list archives

Re: setting up snort mysql database

From: Kevin Johnson <kjohnson () secureideas net>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 20:53:26 -0500

Hi-

Please see comments and questions inline below...

On Tue, 2005-02-01 at 15:26, Plantier, Spencer wrote:
In the instructions it says to
mysql>source/download/snort-2.0.0/contrib/create_mysql. No matter what
I put in example:

I would recommend upgrading to a newer version of Snort as quite a bit
has changed, most for the better.<g>

You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that
corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use
near '/opt/sfw/bin/snort/download/snort.2.0.0/contrib/create_mysql

What am I doing wrong? I got snort from the sun software companion cd.

This error is not with Snort or the script file, it is with how you are
command takes the file name as an arguement.  So when you put in
/opt/sfw/bin/snort/download/snort.2.0.0/contrib/create_mysql
you need to make that "source
/opt/sfw/bin/snort/download/snort.2.0.0/contrib/create_mysql" (without
the quotes).

If you need any more help, just let us know,
Kevin Johnson

BASE Project Lead
http://base.secureideas.net
The next step in IDS analysis!