Snort mailing list archives

Just noticed something interesting.

From: "Basselgia, Barry A Mr (NAF Atsugi)" <BABasselgia () atsugi navy mil>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 10:45:21 +0900

Was just correlating some data on my network and found an interesting
pattern.

Every time I send an email to snort-users () lists sourceforge net, my email
gateway virus scanner detects an infected email being sent to me.  I've
looked back as far as the beginning of the year and it's happened every
time.

It's always the W32/Swen@MM virus.  But, it doesn't always come from the
same place, here are some of the sources:

jvdbaan () worldonline nl 195.241.80.19
neringa () aktv lt 213.226.168.129
eric.maneja () wanadoo fr 193.252.22.24
kyowa.y () nifty com 202.248.37.208