Snort mailing list archives

RE: [Snort-devel] Snort with Oracle DB

From: "Esler, Joel - Contractor" <joel.esler () rcert-s army mil>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 11:21:55 -0500

ALL,

This error can be resolved by making the following changes to the
src/output-plugins/spo_database.c file in the Snort Source Code.

This error was discovered by John Evans and I at our work location.

This is an Oracle Specific error and needs to be added to the Snort
Source Code in order to fix the error.  After these changes are made,
Snort needs to be recomplied.

# diff spo_database.c spo_new.c
1622c1622
<                             "VALUES ('%u','%u','%s",
---
                            "VALUES
('%u','%u',utl_raw.cast_to_raw('%s",
1626c1626
<                     strcat(query->val, "')");
---
                    strcat(query->val, "'))");

Joel