Snort mailing list archives

Re: error while loading shared libraries?

From: mdpeters <michael.peters () lazarusalliance com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 10:19:48 -0500

I was able to fix this error by doing this:

edit "/etc/ld.so.conf" by adding "/usr/local/lib/mysql" to the list. Then I ran "ldconfig".

This by the way is Fedora Core 2, kernel 2.6.10-1.9_FC2smp.

mdpeters wrote:

I am getting this error while attempting to load Snort. "error while loading shared libraries: libmysqlclient.so.14: cannot open shared object file"

I have reinstalled MySQL and PHP with no success. Does anyone know what would fix this error?

--

Best regards,

Michael D. Peters
Director of Security Services