Snort mailing list archives

SnortCenter 2.x 3/15/2005 Released

From: Jason Alexander <lists () itsecurity3 its uiowa edu>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 15:27:22 -0600

I have released a new version of SnortCenter 2.x. This release provides the functionality to allow you to to bring in rules from SourceFire VRT, SourceFire Community, and also Bleeding Snort rulesets. To accomplish this we have created a script that goes out and downloads all the archives from their various sources and then combines them into one source and makes them available to snortcenter via the same webserver that hosts the console. This script is located in the scripts directory and after you configure it with your OinkCode and other information I suggest that you put this file into a cron job. Once the rule_combine script has been configure simply point the config.php file at the directory you created the rules in. From then on the user then simply has to point the snortcenter proceed like normal. This script can be easly extended to any new rules sets that come along requiring no changes to the main SnortCenter 2.x code. You can download the new version of the console from the sourceforge project site at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/snortcenter2/

Jason Alexander
Keeper of SnortCenter