Snort mailing list archives

RE: mysql not starting at boot

From: "Harper, Patrick" <Patrick.Harper () phns com>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 02:32:26 -0600

Check the rc.<runlevel> dir for a SXXmysqld file, it will be a symlink
to the file in init.d.  or try "chkconfig mysqld on" then "service
mysqld start"

If you are talking about one system trying to connect to another, make
sure you poke a hole in iptables to allow mysql fro the host you need to
connect.