Snort mailing list archives

AW: reg Snort IDMEF plugin problem, NULL facility

From: "Poppi, Sandro" <Sandro.Poppi () wacker com>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 13:01:39 +0200

Mayang,

Please try this in snort.conf:

output idmef: 172.16.5.0/24 output=log
facility_default=file|/var/log/snort/idmef_alerts.log analyzerid=IDS1
dtd=/data/EIDS/CodeTrials/EC/Tools/snort-idmef/idmef-message.dtd

The logto option is deprecated, but I've not yet updated the documentation,
sorry ;)

I'm currently working on a complete rewritten version of snort-idmef which
also includes lot's of additional information generated in the IDMEF
message, and it will reflect the current IDMEF draft 14.

I'll also update the documentation to reflect the new settings.

Best regards,
Sandro