Snort mailing list archives

RE: duplicate entry in DB (not the ACID problem)

From: "Briggs, Bruce" <Bruce.Briggs () suny edu>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 16:39:59 -0500

A reflection of the packet should be the result of a misconfiguration
someplace, as it is unexpected.
Normally some sort of routing confusion.
And you would expect some minor timestamp difference - maybe as much as
a few milliseconds - but it would not likely be a discernable difference
using tools such as ACID or BASE to display the timestamp.

I had a bunch of duplicates one time when I stupidly had 2 instances of
Snort running on the same sensor.
But you have already ruled that out as a possible cause.

Bruce