Snort mailing list archives

Re: why old libnet?

From: Florin Andrei <florin () andrei myip org>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 11:00:33 -0800

On Mon, 2005-03-28 at 12:16 -0500, Matt Kettler wrote:
Florin Andrei wrote:

What is the reason why Snort can only use the old, deprecated,
libnet-1.0.x?

Really, the only part of snort that uses libnet is flexresp. If you're
not using flexresp, snort shouldn't be looking for libnet.
As for flexresp itself, it's getting to be a bit on the "aged" side.
I also think that while Flexresp is useful, people believe it to be more
useful than it is. Flexresp is really pretty limited.

My thoughts exactly, but it looks like libnet is also required by --
enable-inline
If i don't put in --enable-inline, it does not require libnet. If i do
put it in, it requires libnet.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/