Snort mailing list archives

Re: Multiple Sensors

From: Frank Knobbe <frank () knobbe us>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 02:27:23 -0600

On Fri, 2005-03-25 at 06:56 +0000, Salil D. wrote:
"  output database: log, mysql, encoding=ascii user=XXXXXXX
password=XXXXXX dbname=snort host=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX    "

I have total 3 interface cards on the machine where snort is
installed
(all cards on same machine)

Have you checked the FAQ? I'm sure that "sensor_name" is explained in
there or the manual. You need to add sensor_name to the database line so
that unique sensor entries are created in the database.

For example: output database: log, mysql, encoding=ascii user=XXXXXXX
password=XXXXXX dbname=snort host=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX sensor_name=snort_1

Regards,
Frank