Snort mailing list archives

RE: RE: RE: Remote Mysql

From: "Snort" <Snort () InterCept Net>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 12:32:02 -0500

On your database, you will need to add login access from your sensor IP
address.

Here is the mysql sql commands to add a user to your db

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/adding-users.html

here is a typical strings for IDS agents

GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE ON snort.* TO idsagent@'%'  IDENTIFIED BY
'some_pass';

The % in idsagent@%, says connections can be made from anywhere using
this account.

Or you can specify your host in subsitution

Michael Brown

  _____