Snort mailing list archives

Re: -bash: /usr/sbin/snort/schemas/create_mysql: Nota directory

From: "Teva AVRIL" <teva.avril () esigetel fr>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 13:20:21 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

It seems that the package libmysqlclient-dev missed. you have to install
this packages and after that retry ./configure --with-mysql.

Regards,

Teva AVRIL

Hi All,

Lee, I'm in mysql/bin and if I run, ./mysql -h localhost -u root mysql
-p it successfully starts after entering the password. What I don't un,
is, why /usr/sbin/snort is reported as not a dir. I installed snort via
yum. I can run snort just by typing snort @ the prompt.

EDIT: Ok, I decided to remove snort via yum and try a source install. I
got the following,

 ERROR: unable to find mysql headers (mysql.h)
 checked in the following places
       /usr/include
       /usr/include/mysql
       /usr/local/include
       /usr/local/include/mysql
whilst doing a ./configure --with-mysql. mysql is here,
/usr/local/mysql. How do I get around it..? Cheers.

Mark Sargent

Hi All,

yes, Patrick, I'm following your tut..I already had snort installed via
yum. Anyway, as stated above, I removed the yum installation, and went
via yr tut installing steps. But, got the error with the ./configure
--with-mysql and not being able to find that header,

 ERROR: unable to find mysql headers (mysql.h)
 checked in the following places
       /usr/include
       /usr/include/mysql
       /usr/local/include
       /usr/local/include/mysql

What is mysql.h.? Any idea why it wouldn't be finding it.? Cheers.

Mark Sargent.