Snort mailing list archives

RE: Recommendation for IDS reporting tools?

From: hchlai () netscape net (Hugo)
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 16:54:35 -0500

I really appreciate everyone's suggestion. However, does anybody tried Tenable's Lightning for reporting? I'm seriously
considering Sguil or Tenable Lightning.

Hugo

"Basselgia, Barry A Mr (NAF Atsugi)" <BABasselgia () atsugi navy mil> wrote:

I use Aanval, it uses the same mysql database as ACID/BASE, so it will work
with anything you can feed into the database.  I use unified logging on my
snort sensors and barnyard to feed the database.

I find that I use both BASE and Aanval depending on what I'm looking
for/doing at the time.  Aanval has some near real time monitors that I
really like.  But, when I'm digging into things I find BASE to be more
useful.

Barry