Snort mailing list archives

preprocessor perfmonitor fields

From: "Lee Clemens" <snort () leeclemens net>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 03:43:43 -0500

I'm outputting perfmonitor to a file and I can't see any documentation as to
what fields are what. Since it is to a file, the manual just says that not
all fields are recorded (from the bulleted list above).

As per development, maybe the first field could simply be comma delimited
field names, depending on the options set in snort.conf? I wouldn't mind
sorting through a few of these if it outputted did this every time the
service starts...but for now, is there a way I can tell what the values
represent?

btw, I'm using windows and Snort running as-is (no ACID, BASE, etc), so I'm
not sure what console output would do...