Snort mailing list archives

RE: FW: Snort_232_Build12_Installer.exe

From: "Lee Clemens" <snort () leeclemens net>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 00:58:06 -0500

Thank you, that does clarify the first question for me.

I was not able to find the string "flowbits_size" in my config file, raising
the question of what platform that response may apply to. I apologize for
that, I have since found that the default flowbits_size is 128.

Any hints as to what a good number may be to increase it to for the -current
rule-set(s)?

Will it impact performance to have it set too high? Not higher enough?

Thanks.