Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort 2.3.2 release

From: Jeremy Hewlett <jh () sourcefire com>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 14:12:18 -0500

Heyas, Jason

This is just a followup for the list since we've already discussed your
solution off-list.

On Sat, Mar 12, Jason wrote:
the moment. Do the -CURRENT rules work with the 2.3.0 binary release or
should I have them upgrade too? I don't want them to have to waste time
on upgrading the boxes unless they have to.

-current rules should work with 2.3.0. You will however need to bump up
your flowbits size in snort.conf (config flowbits_size).