Snort mailing list archives

Re: problems with barnyard, snort and mysql

From: Alejandro Flores <alejandrorflores () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 10:10:00 -0300

Hey,

Hmm I believe that barnyard has no support for mysql 4. You'll have to
install also the mysql-shared-compat rpm.

Regards,
Alejandro Flores

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 10:12:41 -0500, Kevin Smith <kjsmith () tm net> wrote:
 Okay, I did notice I forgot to install dev files for mysql, once I did that
I ran ./configure --enable-mysql, however then it error or the library
files.

 checking for /usr/include/mysql/mysql.h... yes
 checking for mysql_real_connect in -lmysqlclient... no
   ERROR: unable to find mysqlclient library
   checked in the following places
         /usr/lib/

 however, in /usr/lib there are these files

 /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.a
 /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.la
 /usr/lib/libmysqlclient_r.a
 /usr/lib/libmysqlclient_r.la
 /usr/lib/libmysqlclient_r.so
 /usr/lib/libmysqlclient_r.so.10
 /usr/lib/libmysqlclient_r.so.10.0.0
 /usr/lib/libmysqlclient_r.so.12
 /usr/lib/libmysqlclient_r.so.12.0.0
 /usr/lib/libmysqlclient_r.so.14
 /usr/lib/libmysqlclient_r.so.14.0.0
 /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so
 /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.10
 /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.10.0.0
 /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.12
 /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.12.0.0
 /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.14
 /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.14.0.0

 I know some of them probably are not needed but I think they were left
there from upgrading the database. One of these should be the file it needs
correct? Should I just remove anything that is below 14? Since 14 is in
reference to MySQL version 4.1 which is what the server is running. Or are
these not even the files I need?

 Thanks again,

 Kevin