Snort mailing list archives

RE: Starting Snort Errors-Fedora3

From: "Patrick Harper" <patrick () internetsecurityguru com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 04:23:50 -0600

Some stuff changed between the fc2 for 2.2.0 doc and the fc3 for 2.3.0 doc
to accommodate changes in the snort tarball.  I would suggest going using
the new doc.  Also I am assuming you are wanting to log to a database at
some point right? Or do you just want to dump raw logs?  The default logs
dir is /var/log/snort, have you tried letting it log there? Or you will need
the -l and no .

Patrick S. Harper | CISSP RHCT MCSE
www.internetsecurityguru.com