Snort mailing list archives

Re: -T option useless - good init script anyone?

From: Andreas Hasenack <andreas () conectiva com br>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 21:38:42 -0300

On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 07:20:23PM -0300, Alejandro Flores wrote:
Hey,

I guess this option is not to be used this way. If you want to test if
your snort configuration is fine, you just execute it like this:
snort -c /etc/snort/snort.conf -T

That did it! Thanks, I should have tried without -D myself.
I thought -T would somehow override -D and forgot to try without -D.