Snort mailing list archives

Re: New User interface question

From: Chris McClimans <snort-users () mcclimans net>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 14:57:22 -0600

For monitoring interfaces I use the manual method and put the commands in the network config ala /etc/network/interfaces. (this is probably debian specific)

auto bond0
iface bond0 inet manual
        pre-up ifconfig eth1 up && ifconfig eth2 up && ifconfig bond0 up
        up ifenslave bond0 eth1 eth2
        down ifenslave -d bond0 eth1 eth2
post-down ifconfig eth1 down && ifconfig eth2 down && ifconfig bond0 down

auto eth3
iface eth3 inet manual
        up ifconfig eth3 up
        down ifconfig eth3 down