Snort mailing list archives

RE: configuring snort

From: "Lee Clemens" <snort () leeclemens net>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 17:02:35 -0500

I would recommend var EXTERNAL_NET = !HOME_NET

This will force Snort to consider any IP not included in the subnet (or
list) show as HOME_NET to be considered external and may help stop your
problems. However, I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "logging the local
machine in the alert logs", so it's a little hard to say. Does this mean
it's seeing interactions between your own machines and alerting to it
(obviously you woulnd't want a foreign machine and your own interacting the
way computers on the same network do)?

--Lee