Snort mailing list archives

RE: Snort on linux, under VMWare ESX

From: "Eric Hines" <eric.hines () appliedwatch com>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 17:09:03 -0500

Sam,

We run Snort with Applied Watch in VMWare Server and Workstation on a
routine basis and have had other customers do so in a production
environment. I actually just did a deployment of our software with Snort on
a VMWare GSX Server on a GiGE link and we have not seen any degradation in
performance of Snort. Vmware is a beautiful thing :)

Best Regards,

Eric Hines, GCIA, CISSP
Applied Watch Technologies, Inc.
http://www.appliedwatch.com