Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort 2.3 RC1, what right to scan.log?

From: Matt Kettler <mkettler () evi-inc com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 11:59:40 -0500

At 10:57 AM 11/30/2004, Bill Warren wrote:
In Snort 2.3 RC1, what tells Snort to write to scan.log? Can you change the name and location of the file?
Thanks,
Bill

I suspect that is the portscan2 preprocessor. scan.log is it's default filename.

I'd disable portscan2 if your snort.conf still calls it. It's not really very useful IMO, and isn't even mentioned in 2.3's snort.conf anymore.

It could also be sfportscan. Looking at it's code however, it's hard to see how it works if you don't specify a logfile option.