Snort mailing list archives

RE: Help me choose which system to run snort on.

From: "Jim Richards" <jrichards () meandaur com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 08:59:24 -0600

2, 1GHz Processors (P3)= 1.6GHz (you loose approx 20% by going multiple processor)

1, 2GHz Processor (P4) = This is a P4 which means it should have hyper-threading.

If you go dual, you can process 2 simultaneous threads at a total of 1.6GHz.  If you go single 2GHz, you still get 2
simultaneous threads, but at 2GHz.

Jim

Message: 1