Snort mailing list archives

Re: Packet loss

From: Jet <yenjet () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 14:55:44 +0800

I believe the loss packet rate is reported from PCAP library, not by Snort.
And it depend on the OS and libpcap version.

winpcap = So it reports correct.
Libpcap (Linux) = Pls upgrade to version 0.7.2 or above.
Using any version older than this will always have 0% loss packet reported.

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 09:05:43 -0600, Cesar Sanabria Pineda