Snort mailing list archives

Re: acid+php problem

From: Kevin Johnson <kjohnson () secureideas net>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 22:49:05 -0500

On Tue, 2004-11-16 at 02:49, Baterdene.D wrote:
Hi list
i have problem with displaying alerts on acid.

It can not display the alert with
details,
it always prompted with following line..
    Fatal error: Call to undefined function:
preg_replace() in
/usr/local/www/acid/acid_signature.inc on line 194

What's the problem? Any suggestions?

Hi-

It appears that your version of PHP does not have Perl-Compatible
Regular Expressions enabled.  This is the default as of 4.2.0.
Information can be found here :
http://us2.php.net/manual/en/ref.pcre.php

Without knowing what OS and version of PHP you are running, I can't give
you instructions on how to fix your issue.  But if the PHP.net site
doesn't help, let me know and we can see what we can do.

I hope that helps,
Kevin Johnson
BASE Project Lead
The next step in IDS analysis!