Snort mailing list archives

Re: FW: Bug: snort-2.2.0 appears to be merging separate streams (was: Incorrect payload on acid alerts)

From: Jason Haar <Jason.Haar () trimble co nz>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 10:18:01 +1300

snortman () hotpop com wrote:

I also think it's related to stream4. I have seen it happen to my sensor
with http_inspect disabled.

I am using snort 2.1.0 only updated rules up till now should I update to
2.1.3 or 2.2.0 to fix this problem ?
Has anyone seen this happen in version 2.1.3 ?

I've seen it with 2.2.0

Additional info:
1. I am capturing traffic from 2 VLANS using port span. 2. My traffic is pretty high.

Could this be the cause ?

Nope. I'm seeing it on my home snort install (yes, sad I know) - very low traffic. In fact, it's the fact that it's low traffic that allowed me to notice it. Such events happening on our work network are almost impossible to notice. 10 events /day at home is a lot easier to parse by eye that 2000+/day

Jason