Snort mailing list archives

Re: Incorrect payload on acid alerts

From: Dirk Geschke <Dirk_Geschke () genua de>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 14:58:35 +0100

Hi,

I have a snort version 2.1.0 installed a few month now and it worked fine.

Alerts output is to mysql and acid.

Recently I added a Microsoft sms server which createstons of alerts

For example : WEB-MISC http directory traversal

The problem is when I look at the payload I can see the beginning of the
payload which was actually sent to the sms server and the rest completely
different sessions (parts of email messages , part of telnet sessions) the
alert is generated by the wrong part of the payload.

Can anyone help me ?

yes, upgrade to snort-2.1.3 or better to snort-2.2.0.

There were some bugs within stream4 which caused a mixup of parts
from other sessions.

Dirk