Snort mailing list archives

Re: Acid and HSC

From: Michael Boman <michael.boman () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 16:38:49 +0800

On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 16:07:24 +0800, sam wun <sam.wun () authtec net> wrote:
Hi,

I found that current version of Acid is nearly useless for security analyst. Acid can't even provide functions allow
security analyst to inspect tcp/ip payload.

Does HSC offer this type of analysis?

Thanks
Sam

ACID can analyze packet payload, if you configured the database
logging correctly. However, if you want to practice true NSM (Network
Security Monitoring) I suggest you to take a look at Sguil
(www.sguil.net), which offers a range of features that is of interest
when you are investigating a possible intrusion or compromise.

Best regards
 Michael Boman