Snort mailing list archives

RE: Problem compiling snort + mysql

From: "Shawn Kottke" <skottke () datalink com>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 12:00:58 -0600

Here are a couple of things that may help:

1. when compiling snort use the command like:
./configure --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql

2. I read somewhere in the snort archives that if you are using a
version of mysql that is newer than 4.0.18 (or something close) zlib is
no longer compiled in to the binaries and you must compile mysql to get
zlib compiled in. Use this command (or one like it) in your mysql source
directory:
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mysql --with-zlib

I have used version 4.0.20 of mysql and have needed to compile the
source as such to get it to work.

I hope this helps.
Shawn