Snort mailing list archives

Re: Error with Acid

From: Kevin Johnson <kjohnson () secureideas net>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 11:51:51 -0500

On Thu, 2004-11-04 at 08:54, sam wun wrote:
Kevin Johnson wrote:

On Thu, 2004-11-04 at 05:49, sam wun wrote:

Hi-

Verify that your mysql server is running.  When it starts up, it creates
the /tmp/mysql.sock file which mysql clients use to connect.

Thanks, the problem now becomes:

*Error (p)connecting to DB : *snort@localhost:3306

The root user can access mysql with command "mysql -u root -p"
I don't know why I can't login with root?

Is the name of the snort database "snort"?  You need to make sure that
all of the configuration information is correct.  Also, you should never
use the root user id to connect to the database!

Something that may help is if you look at your snort.conf and find out
what information it is using to connect and use that for ACID.

Kevin
BASE Project Lead
The next step in IDS analysis!