Snort mailing list archives

Re: Off topic, protocol analysis...

From: Joe Matusiewicz <joem () nist gov>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 12:33:48 -0500

At 09:38 AM 11/1/2004, Jason Humes wrote:
Hi
I'm looking for something that can watch all the traffic and classify what
it is by port, and possibly by deeper inspection.  I'd like something that
can do 'Top 10 Protocols', 'Top 10 Services', 'Top 10 Talkers'...that sort
of thing and I would love if it was linux based...anyone have any
ideas...thanks.

Iptraf will do it for you.

-- Joe