Snort mailing list archives

Re: Rule References in BASE

From: Kevin Johnson <kjohnson () secureideas net>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 22:40:52 -0400

On Fri, 2004-10-29 at 22:20, Nick Hatch wrote:
We're running 0.9.7.2 (dhara) from CVS. Our version of BASE was updated
today, but it didn't appear that .99 was in CVS yet. (None of the files
were tagged as being part of that release, and the frontend still
reports 0.9.7.2.)

If this problem is corrected in 0.9.9, I'll snag it as soon as I can and
give it a shot. Nice work! I had a really hard time describing what made
BASE different from ACID at first ("Uhhh, it forked, and stuff..."), but
now the difference is obvious.

-Nick

Hi-

.9.9 is in CVS. I tagged it this morning.  It is also available on
SF.net.  You will need to copy the base_conf.php.dist over you
base_conf.php as one of the bugs from ACID was the samspade links in
that file.  Don't forget to copy your config out of it.(i.e. database
connection info)

Thanks for the comments... I think I have a new tagline!<grin>

Kevin
"Uhhh, it forked, and stuff..."
BASE Project Lead
The next step in IDS analysis!