Snort mailing list archives

Re: Instructions on Snort as Win2k Service?

From: Aaron Davies <agd12 () columbia edu>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 21:44:56 -0400

This one turned out to do the trick. Thanks everyone!

On Oct 25, 2004, at 1:38 PM, Cilin wrote:

Aaron,

I would suggest avoiding relative paths and passing
the log directory as a parameter for the service.

Something like this:

"snort /SERVICE /INSTALL -c g:/snort/etc/snort.conf -l
 g:/snort/log"

--- Aaron Davies <agd12 () columbia edu> wrote:

Where can I find instructions on setting up Snort as
a Win2k service?
I've tried simply calling "bin\snort /SERVICE
/INSTALL -c
etc\snort.conf", and it installed something in the
registry, but when I
go into the Services management console and try to
start it, it fails
as "Error 1067: The process terminated
unexpectedly." I've tried to
find docco on this on the website, but I'm not
seeing it. Any help much
appreciated!
--
     __                      __
    /  )                    /  )

on ITManagersJournal
Use IT products in your business? Tell us what you
think of them. Give us
Your Opinions, Get Free ThinkGeek Gift Certificates!
Click to find out more

=====
Fair-weather friends are no friends at all. If you have done something that some people find distasteful then expect them to tell you so. A true friend will let you know how they feel but respect your right to choose, while a fair-weather friend will judge you by your actions and leave.

"Knowing others is wisdom, knowing yourself is Enlightenment." -Lao Tzu

http://mail.yahoo.com

This SF.net email is sponsored by: IT Product Guide on ITManagersJournal Use IT products in your business? Tell us what you think of them. Give us Your Opinions, Get Free ThinkGeek Gift Certificates! Click to find out more

--