Snort mailing list archives

Multiple instances of snort on one box?

From: "Drew Stockman" <Drew.Stockman () cibmis com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 14:39:09 -0500

We are trying to consolidate machines and I am being asked if we can put
all of the snort sensors on one box.  I was just wondering if anyone can
point me in the right direction.  I believe I have to run seperate
instances of Snort listening on different NICs, correct?  Also, what
kind of hardware would it take to replace 3 sensors, each listening to a
T-1 connection?  Is there any documentation out there on setting up a
multiple Snort sensor like this?

Drew Stockman
CIBMIS, Manager of Network Security
(217)892-9111 Ex. 196
(414)788-0827 (mobile)

This message and any attachments are intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain information
that is proprietary or confidential. If you are not the addressee or an employee or agent of the addressee,
you are hereby notified that any review, disclosure, distribution, copying, or other utilization of the message
or attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender
immediately and delete this message.

We believe that this message and any attachments are free of any virus or other defect that might affect any
computer system in which it is received and opened.  It is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that the
message and any attachments are virus free and the sender accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage.