Snort mailing list archives

RE: Bleedingsnort: Classification & Reference URL

From: "McCash, John" <John.McCash () andrew com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 14:16:08 -0500

Joel,
        Wow! Cool! Why the ^$%&%6 didn't I ever think to do that? The same thing works for the nessus references, with
the new line being:

"nessus"    => array("http://cgi.nessus.org/plugins/dump.php3?id=";, ""),

However I do note one oddity... There are certain alerts that still don't come up. For example I'm looking at a
'BLEEDING-EDGE IE homepage hijacking' alert from the day before yesterday, and it still has 'url' with no link in the
ACID interface. Most others are OK, but there seem to be a few exceptions. Looking at the rules, they seem to be
formatted OK. Any ideas?
                John