Snort mailing list archives

Re: trouble with http_inspect

From: sekure <sekure () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 13:39:10 -0400

You want a space between 1252 and the backslash.

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 09:31:32 -0700 (PDT), Larry Wichman
<larrywichman () yahoo com> wrote:

I am having trouble config'n my http inspect preprocessor. I do not want
Apache_Whitespace alerts. Here is my config:

preprocessor http_inspect: global \
    iis_unicode_map unicode.map 1252\
#
preprocessor http_inspect_server: server default \
    profile all ports { 80 8080 8180 } oversize_dir_length 500 \
    apache_whitespace no

Here is my error:
ERROR: /etc/snort/snort.conf(290) => Invalid IIS codemap argument.

Line 290 is 'apache_whitespace no'

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?